Friday, January 21, 2011

808s and a Red, Ripped Up Balloon



 I know the original meaning of the quote, but one of my friends tried to put a spin on it...
"If you love something, let it go, but if you're really in love, you shouldn't give up on it"

Make up your muthafuckin' mind dog. Shit sounds like an indian-give of feelings.


Neither of the two makes much sense in my opinion. Why SHOULD you have to let go of something you 'so-called' love?


If I love it, I'm not going to provide an opportunity for another nigga to get it . Don't get me confused; I'm not talking about no  possessive, "imma kill you!" shit. If a woman wants to leave me, she can, but I'd try to do everything in my willpower to rekindle the romance. I'm against this saying, because nowadays, absence doesn't make the heart grow fonder. It's more of an out-of-sight, out-of-mind type of deal.

In a nutshell: Absence makes the heart want to go fuck other people.

The person gets so wound up into the reason(s) they chose to leave (outside of infidelity and abusive relationships) that they want to further distance themselves from being placed in a repeat situation.

You can't blame 'em for feeling like that. They're human. It's a gamble. Now take the other end of the quote:
"...but if you're really in love, you shouldn't give up on it."

Isn't that an act of desperation? You should know when you're wasting your time. As often as you want it to be, your life isn't "Brown Sugar" or "Love Jones or even your favorite love song.

SHIT GETS REAL when your mate doesn't want you anymore. How are you going to deal?

I had to learn that no matter how good your intentions are, it's still subjective; another person could look at this as "doing the most" or an exercise in futility.

You gotta keep it moving. Hold on memories to reminisce, not to hold over someone else's head as a bar to measure them up against.

Life is fun(ny) like that.

Probably talked in circles, but whatever...hop off my penis.

2 comments: